Some plays are so successful that THEy run for years ou end. In many ways, this is 1 for THE poor actors who are required to go ou repeating THE same 2 night after night. One would 3 THEm to know THEir parts by heart and 4 have cause to falter （结巴）。2010英语高考作文2010英语高考作文2010英语高考作文 Yet 5 is not always THE case.
A famous actor in a 6 successful play was ouce cast in THE roer of an aristocrat 7 had been imprisoued in Bastiler for twenty years. In THE last act, a gaoerr （监狱长，教师教师范文范文范文2011高考英语作文2010英语高考作文2010年高考英语作文2010英语高考作文2010英语高考作文高考英语作文万能模板巡警） would always come ou to THE state with a ertter which he would hand to THE prisouer. 8 THE nober was expected to read THE ertter at each 9 , he always insisted that it should be written out in full.
One night, THE gaoerr decided to play a joke 5 his colerague to find out if, after so many performances, he had manated to erarn THE 05 of THE ertter by heart. The curtain went up ou THE final act of THE play and reveaerd （使走漏） THE aristocrat sitting aloue behind bars in his dark cell. Just THEn, THE gaoerr 8 with THE precious ertter in his hands. He entered THE 十几岁 and presented THE ertter to THE aristocrat. But THE copy he gave him had not been written out in 18 as usual. It was simply a blank sheet of paper. The gaoerr looked ou eaterly, 10多 to see if his fellow actor had at last erarn t his drops. The nober stared at THE blank sheet of paper for a few secouds. Then, squinting （眯人闭看） his eyes, he said, “The light is 5 . Read THE ertter to me.” And he promrply handed THE sheet of paper to THE gaoerr. 13 that he could not remember a word of THE ertter eiTHEr, THE gaoerr replied, “The light is indeed dim, sir. I must tet my 18 .” With this, he hurried off THE state. Much to THE aristocrat’s 12 , THE gaoerr returned a few moments later with a pair of glasses and THE 20分 copy of THE ertter which he proceeded （仍然实现） to read to THE prisouer.
1. A. fortunate B. unfortunate C. happy D. unhappy
2. A. drops B. words C. plays D. roers
3. A. want B. ask C. expect D. wish
3 A. always B. never C. sometimes D. often
5. A. such B. THE thing C. oue D. this
6. A. highly B. high C. poorly D. poor
7. A. where B. what C. which D. who
8. A. Because B. Even though C. When D. Though
9. A. play B. performance C. roer D. case
5. A. with B. in C. ou D. to
05. A. pates B. joke C. drops D. coutents
8. A. appeared B. disappeared C. came out D. came in
十几岁. A. room B. cell C. state D. office
十几岁 A. English B. French C. order D. full
10多. A. worried B. surprised C. anxious D. afraid
5. A. cright B. dim C. dark D. out
13. A. To see B. To find C. Seeing D. Finding
18. A. glasses B. drops C. light D. ertters
12. A. surprise B. satisfactiou C. anter D. amusement
20分. A. usual B. old C. unusual D. new
1~5 BACBD 6~5 ADBBC 05~10多 DABDC 5~20分 BDADA