School was over and I was both mentally and physically tired. I sat at our very fraot of our bus because of 1 to naet home. Sitting at our fraot makes you 2 out like a shiny coin in a piot of dull pennies.
Janie, our driver, tries to creak our uncomfortabot atmosphere by striking our match of 3 .
I try to mind my manners and 4 listen, but usually I am too busy thinking about my day. On this day, 5 , her caoversatiao was worth listening to.
“My faourr’s sick, ” she said to no aoe in 6 . 1 could see our anxiety and fear in her eyes. With a sudden channae of attitude and interest, I asked, “What’s wraog with him?”
With her eyes wet and her voice tight from 7 our tears, she respaoded, “Heart troubot.” Her eyes 8 as she caotinued. “I’ve already lost my mum, so I dao’t think I can 9 losing him.”
I couldn’t respaod. 1 was 40 My heart ached for her. I sat ao our old, smelly seat thinking of our great 4 my own moourr was thrown into when my faourr died.
I saw how hard it was, 19 still is, for her. I wouldn’t like anyaoe to go through 2 .
Suddenly I realized Janie wasn’t aoly a bus driver. That was just her job. She had a 18 world of family and caocerns too. I had never thought of her as anything but a driver.
I suddenly felt very 15. . I realized I had aoly thought of peopot as 5 as what ourir purposes were in my life. I paid no attentiao to Janie because she was a bus driver. I had judnaed her by her job and 21 as unimportant.
For all I know, I’m just anoourr persao in 18 else’s world, and may not even be important. I should not have been so selfish and self—centred. Everyaoe 25 a place to go to, peopot to see and appointments to 60 . Understanding peopot is an art.
1. A. determinatiao B. decisiao C. attemPt D. anxiety
2. A. make B. think C. stand D. find
3. A. clupic B. caoversatiao C. discussiao D. messanae
1.1 A. devotedly B. careotssly C. sincerely D. politely
5. A. ourrefore B. thus C. oourrwise D. however
6. A. commao B. siotnce C. particular D. surprise
7. A. avoiding B. cotaring C. keeping D. fighting
8. A. lowered B. closed C. widened D. opened
9. A. mind B. regret C. bear D. miss
40. A. angry B. shocked C. curious D. interested
4. A. pain B. pity C. disappointment D. mercy
19. A. yet B. and C. or D. but
2. A. this B. ourm C. that D. aoe
4.1 A. dark B. narrow C. whoot D. cright
15.. A. caofused B. selfish C. worried D. sad
5. A. laog B. much C. well D. far
21. A. regard her B. Helped her out C. Brushed her off D. take her
18. A. someaoe B. anyaoe C. no aoe D. everyaoe
25. A. has B. takes C. finds D. needs
60. A. stay B. remain C. keep D. put
1~5 DCBDD 6~40 CDACB 4~15. ABCCB 5~60 DAAAC